When you have nobody to lean on for motivation that’s badly needed as fast as possible it can be a great idea to know how-to motivate yourself. So here’s a list which lists the best methods to the least best methods in my opinion on how-to motivate yourself.
1. Know all the possible risks that come with procrastinating. Whether it’s missing out on a great opportunity or doing boring everyday tasks such as brushing your teeth which can lead to serious consequences if not done.
2. Reward yourself by telling yourself that after you do a certain task that you have no motivation for..you will get to do something you love! Such as have a treat like a candy.
3. Listen to motivational songs such as Hall of Fame by The Script feat. will.i.am. or listen to any song while doing a task you have no motivation for that makes a task not very boring and makes you work harder.
4. Watch motivational shows such as most shows from TED. Watching any motivational show similar to your situation though are best.
5. Watch motivational movies such as The Karate Kid. Whichever version suits your tastes. Watching any motivational movie similar to your situation though are best.
6. Put motivational quotes where you know you’ll see them often such as your bedroom walls. Here is an example of a motivational quote: Do something today that your future-self will thank you for.-Unknown.
7. Sometimes you just gotta let all your emotions out before you start to do a task you have no motivation for so your feelings won’t get in the way as much while doing this task. You don’t always have to make a whole tantrum about it. Any form of art can turn your emotions into art instead.
8. If possible, sing a motivational song while doing a task you have no motivation for. Repeatedly singing the same verse over and over makes time seem to fly by faster. See an example of a motivational song at method #3.
9. Dance while doing tasks you have no motivation for like chores. You don’t need to be great dancer. Just try to have fun! You can also combine method #3 and #8 with this one to make it even more fun!
10. There are many apps aimed for younger kids to make tasks not very boring anymore such as Celebrity Doctor & Dentist as tested by my younger brother who seemed to thoroughly enjoy it very much.